Saturday, June 22, 2013

Decisions and Realities Ahead Part I

I can't believe I'm sitting here on my bed thinking about the final decisions I will have to make soon. I never thought that one day in March looking at something on wikipedia about an au pair would lead to this. I didn't believe that girls and boys really do leave their homes and live in another country from anywhere from 1 to 12 months at most. I didn't know that some leave longer than that and may lead into other things. Reading about other ladies blogs on the subject made me want to see if I could do this myself. It made me wonder what life outside the United States is like. Believe me I love my hometown of New York City. I'm an New Yorker by heart and birth. I love my favorite holidays of Independence Day, Christmas and of course my birthday. I love the fact that IHOP and 7/11 is open 24/7. I love Forever21, art museums, and dancing in parades that I have no business being in. I love my language of English and being able to understand the simple things but realizing this made me realize how blessed we truly are as americans. We are generally safe here in America. Yes, we as americans take for granted the simple things like walking, talking, laughing and slowing down our lives for a second. We are constantly on the move and never truly stop to think or enjoy our lives. Unless you include dancing on the dance floor on the weekends...lol. I'm blessed to the fullest to have what I have...period. I'm going to miss everything that I have but gain even more.

As for the decision I have to make on which country I must leave for Spain or France. I wish my friends make the decision for me but so far I'm not getting a mixture but mostly Spain or hope for the best. There are going to be somethings that will affect my decision like the place (city, town or country), the family, visa requirements, and my heart into it. My first family which I will call Ms. I lives in Spain. Her family live in the southeast part of Spain. Her family has 3 children (one boy and two girls). So a climate like Sicily, Italy that I grew up in. My second family which I will call Ms. Y lives in Spain. Her family live in the middle of spain. She has 2 children (one boy and one girl). My third family which I will call Ms. S and lives in France. She lives in southeast part of France. She lives in a city. This is a british family that happens to live in France. They have three children (two boys and one girl). I have one more family which I will call Ms. T. They live here in Virginia and are going back to France this year so I will get to meet them in person. I will have to finish writing in part 2 to not make this too long....

No comments:

Post a Comment