Sunday, June 30, 2013

Thankful and Hopeful

As you may know at one point in the last few weeks I had families in both Spain and France picking me and I thought that I would be able to go and leave. Sadly, the family I really want to go to in France said no. I'm a little sad and disappointed to say in the least because I got so excited about it. I'm glad that I have this little diary about my journey because this is challenging to say the least. I really loved this family and I ended up picking this family only to be held back again. I was ready to sign on with them. I have never thought I was going to be so emotional about picking a family before. I try not to get emotional about people not liking me or wanting me. In this case I feel very different. Maybe it's because I put my heart into it and I put myself out there too much. I don't know. I can't imagine what it's like for these women that I have read in their blogs go through. Leaving there families to work at a job that might not work out too well is brave. I really do admire you girls for doing this amazing journey. I just hope I can be able to experience this. All I did was read Wikipedia about this and started my research, got on Aupair World and meet some amazing families. I'm thankful for the opportunity but not sure if I still want to continue on this journey or not.We will see.

I'm thankful for the simple things like being able to walk, talk, hear out of my right ear, dance, sing, play and enjoy the little things. With the American Independence day coming up this week I have been reading my history and proud to be an american because we have this Independence that we as american's take for granted. In some countries you can't speak about politics or how the government is run. There are many other things but I want to say to founding fathers thank you. Thank you for your dream of a country where we can worship how we choose, protecting our rights as citizens and being able to be free. Yes, we live in time where racism is still real, hate, and our economy are some of the most important issues that we face but we are still a blessed nation. As I get ready to close this post I want to be thankful for everything that I have but hopeful for the future for all the people in the world. Happy Early Independence Day Y'all :) It's my favorite holiday in the world :) :) :) *Dance, Dance*

No comments:

Post a Comment