Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I have learned about an serious heartbreaking lesson...Fear

Are you really fearless or you are afraid?

I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not afraid of anything. That is far from the actual truth. I'm afraid of a lot of things like bugs aka spiders, roaches and anything that crawls that I don't know about that is considered a bug. Yuck! You see I grew up with fear as like a best friend who is always at your side saying this isn't right you can't do this at all. It's like a infection. Fear grows inside of you more and more until a monster is born. It doesn't go away with you saying shoo fly don't bother me. Instead it just stays. Fear allows you to neglect your life as a result of living with fear. I have paid a serious price for living in fear. I have given up my dreams because of my fears. It's not a way to live and now with this beautiful possibility it may force me to give it up as well.

 It has made me realize that changes in my life are being made and I am blessed about the opportunity given to me but it makes me want to RUN! There are women who does this every year from 18 to 30. They either leave their country for another one in the EU, Canada, China or even the U.S.A. I give it up to the women who actually leave their country for America. I can understand why they would want to come here and learn about our culture. We live in a beautiful country that I have not seen completely. I have never been to the heartland or the western states. We are very lucky to have the opportunities here in America that other's around the world do not have at all.

I wanted to write this to make other's understand that you should not have to give up something because you are scared. Yes what we are doing might be crazy to some people but this is our way not only to see the world but other's cultures and language as well. This is our educational moment. Like someone said to me last year...you may not have been able to finish college yet but you will under your own time. You are just waiting for your moment. So go out and be fearless and overcome every obstacle that is standing in your way. This is my time and moment and it just happens to be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment