Saturday, December 28, 2013

Oh Holy Night: The Holiday's Edition

I love the song "Oh Holy Night". Yes, I understand it is a Christmas song people. However, I love the x-mas flash mob version at the museum of fine arts in Boston, Massachusetts. It makes me cry every time I play it. I always get this feeling of peace and hope. Things I admire during Christmas time. I hope your Christmas was wonderful. I wonder would it be like to have Christmas in the summer like the people in Australia does? I need to experience that one year of my life. Anyway, My Christmas was a day of reflection, cleaning and prayer. I cleaned my house and re fixed the decorations since we had kids over a couple days before and since I was so exhausted from working like crazy and taking out braids. I was so tired that You Tube watched me fall asleep. It was the peaceful time I needed. I needed a day when someone didn't need my services every five min's. I felt good after a day of rest. My Christmas presents from my friends and boss didn't come until after Christmas. I didn't expect any presents since I knew I wasn't getting anything this year. I don't really care about presents but the fact that people think of me is an wonderful thing. What did I get... 4 new perfumes, 10 new lip glosses that came as an package, 2 new lotions (mini ones that comes with keys), 2 water bottles, and a flashlight. That came from my friend Krystal and her family. Now my boss gave me a shirt which was beautiful, Godiva chocolate, apples and oranges. I just found out that it's Belgium chocolate! What I love Belgium chocolate thanks to Elisabeth from college. Hopefully it will be wonderful. I will tell you if it's good or not. I have been given family and friends cards this year because I couldn't afford too much. I want to thank these people for thinking about me. I appreciate the love that you shown me. Peace and love!

Unfortunally, my host family have not seen their Christmas cards yet! It makes me sad. I was hoping that it would arrive early since it only takes four days to get to Europe! What's wrong with the postal service...you immigrants! I know I should not say that word in that way but please come on....you can't deliver a Christmas card on time? Really people? I hate slow services. I better learn to be patient...quick. hahahaha. I guess it's a little different in Spain then since there holidays don't end until January 6th. As for me getting on this flight that's something I will be working on tomorrow. I need to be able to tell my host mom something so they can figure this out. I have to talk to my landlord/lady tomorrow as well. Once I finish my last work day on Monday I'll celebrate then it will be countdown to 2014 and then 15 days to my first international flight ever!!! Got to go and figure out dinner. I'm hungry and knowing me I got to walk 20 mins for dinner. I better get used to walking everywhere. Peace and love everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment